Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gigglygover gigglygover is offline

Default Using Mail Merge Data Source

When using word mail merge to create my datasource, (its not done in a table,
excel or access, buth through mail merge). Is there a total number of
records it can hold.

I'm up to about 500 and am unsure of the total number I can put in.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If there is a limit, I would not think that you are anywhere near it.

However, I would stop where you are and use the data source with a Catalog
or Directory type mail merge main document in which you have a one row table
into the cells of which you insert each merge field. Then execute that
merge to a new document. That document will then contain a table with a row
of data for each record in the data source. Then you should copy that table
and paste it into Excel and insert a row at the top into which you insert
the names of the merge fields and then continue compiling your data in Excel
where you can save it on a regular basis and easily make a copy of it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

mail merge data source gis Mailmerge 4 January 24th 06 07:17 PM
How can I add data fields to a data source in Word Mail Merge? cd Mailmerge 2 November 7th 05 06:41 PM
DotNet Data Table as Mail Merge Data Source goraya Mailmerge 1 July 7th 05 09:51 AM
How do I move data Colums within the data source of a mail merge hf Microsoft Word Help 1 July 5th 05 09:57 PM
data in mail merge letter being cut off - data source field size? tgone Mailmerge 1 May 20th 05 02:10 PM