Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
finlzo finlzo is offline

Default Word fillin fields

I am trying to create some new templates, previous people have used fillin
fields. Some of these documents are to be mailmerged, some are just forms to
be used internally by several people. The original templates I was given
opens showing all the document text and the fillin fields prompt boxes open
throughout the document as set up. When I have tried to create my own
template with fillin fields the documents open opening the fillin prompts but
do not show the document text which will be confusing for users to understand
the context of the document. I have looked at the field codes and can't see
any difference. Am I missing something vital in the document setup?
Thanks for any advice
--
Regards
Finlzo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

A better approach may be to use a UserForm.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

However, when you use the InsertField dialog to insert a Fill-In field, you
have the opportunity to create a prompt for the field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP