Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dinbangkok

Default How do I select English (UK) as default language on inter. keyboar

I work in Asia and have an international English keyboard layout (ie. English
characters are arranged on a US layout). I want to set all my normal
templates to English (UK), but without having to always change the input
language to english (UK) which actually doesn't correspond to the layout of
the keys on my keyboard. Needless to say, everytime I open Microsoft Word it
defaults to English (US).

Help! It's driving me mad! (I'm using Word 2002 SP2)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Change Windows regional settings to English UK with US pattern keyboard.
In Word tools language set language English UK.

dinbangkok wrote:
I work in Asia and have an international English keyboard layout (ie.
English characters are arranged on a US layout). I want to set all
my normal templates to English (UK), but without having to always
change the input language to english (UK) which actually doesn't
correspond to the layout of the keys on my keyboard. Needless to
say, everytime I open Microsoft Word it defaults to English (US).

Help! It's driving me mad! (I'm using Word 2002 SP2)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bertiebucket bertiebucket is offline

Default How do I select English (UK) as default language on inter. key

I looked at, http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm
and it doesn't have the UK option to click on, I only have 1 choice which
is the US version, any ideas ?????

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

"dinbangkok" wrote in message
I work in Asia and have an international English keyboard layout (ie.

English
characters are arranged on a US layout). I want to set all my normal
templates to English (UK), but without having to always change the input
language to english (UK) which actually doesn't correspond to the layout

of
the keys on my keyboard. Needless to say, everytime I open Microsoft Word

it
defaults to English (US).

Help! It's driving me mad! (I'm using Word 2002 SP2)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bertiebucket bertiebucket is offline

I looked at the page you suggested
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm
But the drop down menu hasn't got a UK option only the US option which is
the one I have already, any ideas?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

"dinbangkok" wrote in message
I work in Asia and have an international English keyboard layout (ie.

English
characters are arranged on a US layout). I want to set all my normal
templates to English (UK), but without having to always change the input
language to english (UK) which actually doesn't correspond to the layout

of
the keys on my keyboard. Needless to say, everytime I open Microsoft Word

it
defaults to English (US).

Help! It's driving me mad! (I'm using Word 2002 SP2)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

Where is it that you only have the US version available: in the Windows,
Office or Word settings?

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

so
all may benefit.

"dinbangkok" wrote in message
I work in Asia and have an international English keyboard layout (ie.

English
characters are arranged on a US layout). I want to set all my normal
templates to English (UK), but without having to always change the
input
language to english (UK) which actually doesn't correspond to the
layout

of
the keys on my keyboard. Needless to say, everytime I open Microsoft
Word

it
defaults to English (US).

Help! It's driving me mad! (I'm using Word 2002 SP2)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bertiebucket bertiebucket is offline

Hi
I have the US version option only keyboard functions, in Word I have other
language settings I use like spellcheck and so on, I just want my @ button to
be like in the UK 2 buttons to the right of my L (letter) button and my
sterling pound sign to be on the 3 (number) key

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

so
all may benefit.

"dinbangkok" wrote in message
I work in Asia and have an international English keyboard layout (ie.
English
characters are arranged on a US layout). I want to set all my normal
templates to English (UK), but without having to always change the
input
language to english (UK) which actually doesn't correspond to the
layout
of
the keys on my keyboard. Needless to say, everytime I open Microsoft
Word
it
defaults to English (US).

Help! It's driving me mad! (I'm using Word 2002 SP2)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can install as many or as few keyboard layouts as you want in Windows -
each with its own mapping. The pictures on the keys are largely irrelevant.
You need to add the UK keyboard layout and remove the US one.

Windows Control panel Regional and language options languages
details add the UK English keyboard
Remove the US English keyboard. OK out of the dialog and reboot the PC.

.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"dinbangkok" wrote in
message ...
I work in Asia and have an international English keyboard layout
(ie. English characters are arranged on a US layout). I want to
set all my normal templates to English (UK), but without having
to always change the input
language to english (UK) which actually doesn't correspond to the
layout
of
the keys on my keyboard. Needless to say, everytime I open
Microsoft Word
it
defaults to English (US).

Help! It's driving me mad! (I'm using Word 2002 SP2)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bertiebucket bertiebucket is offline

Hi
I understand what you are saying, but when I go to languagesdetailsI cant
add the UK english keyboard as it isn't there to be selected in the drop down
menu, in the drop down menu I only have US english to pick from and no others.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"dinbangkok" wrote in
message ...
I work in Asia and have an international English keyboard layout
(ie. English characters are arranged on a US layout). I want to
set all my normal templates to English (UK), but without having
to always change the input
language to english (UK) which actually doesn't correspond to the
layout
of
the keys on my keyboard. Needless to say, everytime I open
Microsoft Word
it
defaults to English (US).

Help! It's driving me mad! (I'm using Word 2002 SP2)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Have you clicked the add button? There are umpteen languages included with
Windows from Afrikaans to Zulu!. The add button provides access to them.