Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim F Jim F is offline

Default Converting old Macintosh files to Word 2007

I used Macintosh until around 2002, when I converted to PC. All of my
Macintosh documents were created in Microsoft Word. When I switched, I
changed all of my files over to PC versions of Microsoft Word. These files
show on my computer as being Word 97-2003 documents, and I was able to work
with them with Word 2003.

I recently purchased and have been using Microsoft Word 2007.

Now when I try to open them, I'm told that they're blocked. I successfully
changed the registry as recommended in Article ID: 922849, but this has had
no impact, and I'm still unable to open any of my documents that were
originally created on a Macintosh.

I've read that earlier versions of Microsoft Word for the Macintosh are no
longer supported by Word 2007. I've also discovered it's possible that,
although my files show as PC Word 97-2003 documents, they're underlying
Macintosh code was never truly updated by Word 2003.

There are literally hundreds of documents on my computer that this impacts,
so I'm really hoping for a way I can change Word rather than having to
manually tweak every single document. Still, any help would be greatly
appreciated!