Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DFM DFM is offline

Default Heading Rows Repeat using styles

Hi,

I am using styles and creating a template in Word 2003. My template
includes a table that may run across 2 pages (it is not a fixed length).
When this happens I would like the first 2 rows to repeat on the second page.
I have created a style for the table grid, I have selected & set the first 2
rows as rows to repeat. When I check the style properties it shows that the
repeat rows is turned on. When I apply the style to the table, the 2 heading
rows on the second page disappear. And when I check the Table menu, the
Heading Rows Repeat is checked, yet the heading rows are missing on page 2...
ugh... I have been back & forth, over and over this again and can't get it
to work...

What can I do to make them "stick" using styles?

Thank you, D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DFM DFM is offline

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for getting back to me. I am in Print Layout view. Any other
thoughts?

Thank you for your assistance, D.

"DFM" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In a table style, I don't think you can set more than one row (the header
row) as a repeated heading. To do this: in the Modify Style dialog box,
choose "Header row" for "Apply formatting to" and then click Format, Table
Properties. You'll find the option on the Row tab.

For your situation (and since table styles are unpredictable anyway), you
can create an example table with the desired formatting (including the
repeated heading rows) and then create an AutoText entry; whenever you need
to insert this particular type of table, insert the AutoText. For more on
AutoText, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP