Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Judy B. Judy B. is offline

Default undock the task pane in Word

I just had Office 2003 installed and my Task Pane in Word has docked at the
left of my screen. All my other toolbars I can undock and move around but
this one refuses to undock. It won't move to the right. I want to have it
floating but it won't move. I hope that someone can come up with a solution.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

At the top left of the taskpane, there should be what looks like a vertical
line that really is 4 vertically arrayed dot. That's a handle. Move the
mouse so it's over the handle (you'll get a 4-headed arrow), then you can
drag the taskpane wherever you like--left, right, top, bottom, or floating.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com