David Henderson

Default How do I correct flaws in blank document template?

I have a mysterious 'header' in my blank document template (Word 2003). I've
tried removing it but it won't budge. Anyone else had similar problems? Know
of solutions?

Thanks.
Doug Robbins

See the article "Why is my "Blank Document" not blank?" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"David Henderson" David wrote in
message ...
I have a mysterious 'header' in my blank document template (Word 2003).
I've
tried removing it but it won't budge. Anyone else had similar problems?
Know
of solutions?

Thanks.

The sad fact is that if you ever create a header in Normal.dot in Word 2002
or 2003, you can't get rid of it. You can delete the text, but the empty
paragraph will remain. The only way to get rid of it is to rename Normal.dot
and let Word create a new one. This can be very inconvenient when you're
creating labels because they won't align properly unless you set the header
margin to 0".

"David Henderson" David wrote in
message ...
I have a mysterious 'header' in my blank document template (Word 2003).

I've
tried removing it but it won't budge. Anyone else had similar problems?

Know
of solutions?

Thanks.

Myrtle Mae

I have a similar problem, every time I am in Print Layout View, or Web Layout
View, a page that I scanned pops up instead of a "new blank document". Every
time I try to open a "new blank document" this same page pops up. I even
went into "My Documents" and deleted that page, but it still comes up as a
"new blank document". I have asked numerous people and no one has ever had a
problem like that. If you have figured out how to correct this I sure would
apperciate a note on how to clear up that problem. Thanks, Myrtle Mae