Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\) Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\) is offline

Default Nothing happens when I emailmerge

Hi MVP's. I'm a little desperate to get this working. I have been doing and
teaching this for years on all older version so why can't I make it work on
2007?

Here's what I do:

Open Outlook (leave Word closed) and select certain Contacts ( group by
State, then Category go get the batch I want)
Tools | Mailmerge

Choose Merge to email | Type a subject | OK - Word starts up

Use the Insert merge fields button to get to Outlook's data fields and pop
them in
Finish and Merge | Send email messages.

Nothing happens. No emails sent. No messages on screen.
This exact sequence has worked on all previous versions. I leave it with
all the default settings eg Selected Contacts and HTML. I click ONLY what's
described above. Honest.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook