Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
m1zgrupe

Default How do I create an autocorrect for h2o with a subscript 2

frequently use items like h2o or o2. would like to create some sort of
autocorrect entry so that when I type h2o I get h(subscript 2)o
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:12:02 -0800, "m1zgrupe"
wrote:

frequently use items like h2o or o2. would like to create some sort of
autocorrect entry so that when I type h2o I get h(subscript 2)o

In any document, type H2O (note: use capitals or risk the wrath of
your chemistry instructor!), select the 2, and format it as a
subscript. The formula should look like you want the final version to
be.

Select the whole formula. Click Tools AutoCorrect Options. In the
dialog, notice that the formula appears initially in plain text. Click
the "Formatted text" option button above it; now you should see the
subscript correctly. Type h2o (or whatever you want for the "name" of
the formula) in the Replace box to the left and click the Add button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman