Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter from Novartis Peter from Novartis is offline

Default How do I replace bookmarked references by their text only? (Word)

I have a text with many referenced bookmarks. I got a colleague who cut out
only several pages of the document, which of course deleted the original
bookmarks. Is it possible to somehow convert in one step the bookmarked
references to their values only, like e.g. in Excel you can copy the whole
document and paste Values only, or by breaking the link between the documents?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can unlink the cross-reference fields: select them and press
Ctrl+Shift+F9. This deletes the fields but preserves the values
currently displayed.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter from Novartis" wrote in message
I have a text with many referenced bookmarks. I got a colleague who

cut out
only several pages of the document, which of course deleted the

original
bookmarks. Is it possible to somehow convert in one step the

bookmarked
references to their values only, like e.g. in Excel you can copy the

whole
document and paste Values only, or by breaking the link between the

documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter from Novartis Peter from Novartis is offline

Default How do I replace bookmarked references by their text only? (Wo

Thanks a lot Stefan, :-) great help. I actually found to my surprise today
that there are links in Edit just like in Excel - and I can break these just
the same as I described in my question (if I did them in Excel).
I only didn't look there, as I never used the links in Word... :-D
Thanks anyway.

Peter

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can unlink the cross-reference fields: select them and press
Ctrl+Shift+F9. This deletes the fields but preserves the values
currently displayed.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter from Novartis" wrote in message
I have a text with many referenced bookmarks. I got a colleague who

cut out
only several pages of the document, which of course deleted the

original
bookmarks. Is it possible to somehow convert in one step the

bookmarked
references to their values only, like e.g. in Excel you can copy the

whole
document and paste Values only, or by breaking the link between the

documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes, Edit | Links is available for OLE links in Word too. But
Ctrl+Shift+F9 is more general: it can be used to delete any field in
Word, while preserving its contents.

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Correction: There is at least one field that is un-affected by
Ctrl+Shift+F9, namely, the EQ field.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP