Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deemba

Default MS Word should permit use of hotkeys and macros

I am worried about the context tabs and ribbons. Although I applaud the focus
on outcome and acknowledge the IU's help to newbies, I don't want to HAVE to
see things and pick from them. I want to use hot keys and macros and other
short cuts to get my work done. I don't like all of the pointing and
clicking.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

I want to use hot keys and macros and other short cuts

I don't understand why you think you *can't*

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Deemba" wrote in message
I am worried about the context tabs and ribbons. Although I applaud the
focus
on outcome and acknowledge the IU's help to newbies, I don't want to HAVE
see things and pick from them. I want to use hot keys and macros and other
short cuts to get my work done. I don't like all of the pointing and
clicking.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

From the reference to "context tabs and ribbons" it's clear that Deemba has
a copy of Office 2007 Beta. If it's an authorized copy, then Deemba should
know NOT TO POST BETA COMMENTS IN A PUBLIC NEWSGROUP! If it's a pirate
ripoff copy...

To answer the bogus criticism: you CAN use keyboard shortcuts, macros, and
other aids in Word 2007. Have a look at Jensen Harris's blog, which has
discussed this topic many times
(http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...ory/11723.aspx). Specifically,
he says "Every one of the Office 2003 keyboard shortcuts continues to work
the same in Office 2007; there's no relearning necessary."
(http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...12/574930.aspx)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Deemba" wrote in message
I am worried about the context tabs and ribbons. Although I applaud
the focus
on outcome and acknowledge the IU's help to newbies, I don't want to
HAVE to
see things and pick from them. I want to use hot keys and macros and
other short cuts to get my work done. I don't like all of the
pointing and clicking.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian17 Brian17 is offline

Old post, but in case anyone else reads it...In Office 2007 apps, when you
press the ALT key you will see a series of KeyTips. These allow you to
navigate the Ribbon and related groups within the ribbon using a combination
of letters and/or numbers. No mouse necessary.

-Brian