Walter

Default TOC for each chapter Question

I need a Main TOC for a Document

Plus a TOC for each Chapter contents

How is that done

Thanks
Anne Troy

Assuming you used at least Heading 1 in your main TOC, I assume you could
create a TOC using only Heading 2 for your chapter TOCs. Just do the insert,
but modify it to only use Heading 2 instead of heading 1 and 2, and do not
let it "replace the current..." TOC.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Walter" wrote in message
I need a Main TOC for a Document

Plus a TOC for each Chapter contents

How is that done

Thanks

garfield-n-odie

I'm assuming, since you don't specify, that each chapter is in a
separate Word file. For instructions on how to create a TOC for
an individual chapter and how to create a main TOC that includes
all of the chapters, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html .

Walter wrote:

I need a Main TOC for a Document

Plus a TOC for each Chapter contents

How is that done

Thanks

See the section "A partial table of contents" in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm

"Walter" wrote in message
I need a Main TOC for a Document

Plus a TOC for each Chapter contents

How is that done

Thanks

Walter

Thanks for all the help and suggestions ....

"Walter" wrote:

I need a Main TOC for a Document

Plus a TOC for each Chapter contents

How is that done

Thanks

How do I insert chapter number with page number in footer? Joan Microsoft Word Help 4 May 9th 05 04:00 PM
Problem on SytleRef Rita New Users 5 April 23rd 05 09:16 PM
Word 2000 - Parallel Chapter numbering - Manual in two tables Harald Formatting Long Documents 5 February 10th 05 03:03 PM
MS-Word. How do I add 'tabs' in the margin to show chapter number Rabbit Farmer Microsoft Word Help 8 January 19th 05 12:37 AM
Chapter and Page numbers Chris S Tables 3 November 8th 04 09:16 AM