JudithJubilee

Default Missing Footer in Preview

Hello there,

I am using Word 2000. I have set up a footer with my name, etc. and a top
border.
In Print Preview I can see the border but not the text. It prints fine
though......

I know it's only a small thing but has anyone ever seen this before??

Thankyou in advance

Judith
Anne Troy

Same as "page borders don't print", Judith:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/t...osoft_word.htm

Your printer isn't capable of the margins you've used.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JudithJubilee" wrote in message
Hello there,

I am using Word 2000. I have set up a footer with my name, etc. and a top
border.
In Print Preview I can see the border but not the text. It prints fine
though......

I know it's only a small thing but has anyone ever seen this before??

Thankyou in advance

Judith

If the footer "prints fine," then the printer driver is lying to Word about
the printer's capabilities. This is not unheard-of. If I set line spacing to
less than the nominal point size of a font, the text will appear truncated
at the top but will "print fine." There's probably not much Judith can do
about this except be grateful that it *does* print. Alternatively, she could
increase the footer margin to the point where the footer would be displayed.

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:f0630$42d7b67c$97c5108d$18785@allthenewsgroup s.com...
Same as "page borders don't print", Judith:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/t...osoft_word.htm

Your printer isn't capable of the margins you've used.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JudithJubilee" wrote in message
Hello there,

I am using Word 2000. I have set up a footer with my name, etc. and a

top
border.
In Print Preview I can see the border but not the text. It prints fine
though......

I know it's only a small thing but has anyone ever seen this before??

Thankyou in advance

Judith

Anne Troy

LOL. I didn't RTFM, Suzanne. I missed that it "prints fine".
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If the footer "prints fine," then the printer driver is lying to Word

about
the printer's capabilities. This is not unheard-of. If I set line spacing

less than the nominal point size of a font, the text will appear truncated
at the top but will "print fine." There's probably not much Judith can do
about this except be grateful that it *does* print. Alternatively, she

could
increase the footer margin to the point where the footer would be

displayed.

so
all may benefit.

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:f0630$42d7b67c$97c5108d$18785@allthenewsgroup s.com...
Same as "page borders don't print", Judith:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/t...osoft_word.htm

Your printer isn't capable of the margins you've used.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JudithJubilee" wrote in

message
Hello there,

I am using Word 2000. I have set up a footer with my name, etc. and a

top
border.
In Print Preview I can see the border but not the text. It prints fine
though......

I know it's only a small thing but has anyone ever seen this before??

Thankyou in advance

Judith

JudithJubilee

Thankyou all,

It was the printer lying!!!

If I set the margins all to zero and then get Word to"Fix Margins" at the
error message it sets the footer margin to nearly 1 inch, when it can
actually print lower!

Don't you just love printing.

Thankyou aghain

Judith