jabroni

Default Format columns

Why doesn't the text on the top of column 2 align with column one? It's not
even, text on top of column 2 is a bit higher compared to the text on top of
column 1. This only occurs if I remove a column break from the bottom of
coulmn one. If I leave the column break in then the text on the top of both
columns align evenly again???
Anne Troy

If you need them to line up, use tables.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"jabroni" wrote in message
Why doesn't the text on the top of column 2 align with column one? It's

not
even, text on top of column 2 is a bit higher compared to the text on top

of
column 1. This only occurs if I remove a column break from the bottom of
coulmn one. If I leave the column break in then the text on the top of

both
columns align evenly again???

jabroni

I see. It's almost as if the space before attribute for the paragraph is
doubled when there is a coulm break or page break. We currently have all of
our styles with a 4 pt space before. If I set all the styles in the document
to 0 space before then all is good and eveything lines up evenly....of course
when I give it a number to work with greater then zero that's when the text
spacing issue comes into play with page\column breaks. I think this helped,
thanks a lot!

"jabroni" wrote in message
Why doesn't the text on the top of column 2 align with column one? It's

not
even, text on top of column 2 is a bit higher compared to the text on top

of
column 1. This only occurs if I remove a column break from the bottom of
coulmn one. If I leave the column break in then the text on the top of

both
columns align evenly again???

Space Before is (by default) suppressed at the top of a page or a column but
retained after section breaks and manual page and column breaks. There is a
Compatibility Option to suppress Space Before after hard page and column
breaks, but this does not affect section breaks, so it wouldn't help you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Your paragraph is formatted with Space Before, which is suppressed after

"soft" page or column break but not after a manual one. You can remove

the
"Space Before" from the first paragraph in column 1.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.