Big Ron

Default Different page margins in one document.

I am using different page margins throughout a document, but recently I'm
experiencing a problem where I cannot change the margins on a certain page
without it affecting the next one, and vice versa. I've looked everywhere to
see if I can find the reason but with no luck. Can anyone please help? I'm
using Word 2002.
Doug Robbins

The pages will need to be separated by a Section Break if you want to have
different margins on them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Big Ron" wrote in message
I am using different page margins throughout a document, but recently I'm
experiencing a problem where I cannot change the margins on a certain page
without it affecting the next one, and vice versa. I've looked everywhere
see if I can find the reason but with no luck. Can anyone please help? I'm
using Word 2002.

Big Ron

Thanks for the reply Doug, but sadly the document already has 'New page'
section breaks in it so this doesn't seem to be the problem.

As I also have tables in the document I have got around the problem by just
re-sizing the tables rather than the whole page margins, but surely this
can't be the only way.

Anne Troy

Ron, the only thing I can think is that when you go to format the margins,
you've got "whole document" selected. Make sure you have only "this section"
selected in the dropdown.

Also, I like to set the table width to 100%. This then makes the tables
resize appropriately to the margins, tho I'm sure it could cause problems
under certain circumstances.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Big Ron" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply Doug, but sadly the document already has 'New page'
section breaks in it so this doesn't seem to be the problem.

As I also have tables in the document I have got around the problem by

just
re-sizing the tables rather than the whole page margins, but surely this
can't be the only way.

Big Ron

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Ron, the only thing I can think is that when you go to format the margins,
you've got "whole document" selected. Make sure you have only "this section"
selected in the dropdown.

Anne, you may have answered my problem, but where in the menus would I do
this? At the moment I'm just draging the margins to where I want them in the
'ruler' above the document.
Anne Troy

Okay, Ron. Try this:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft_wo rd.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Big Ron" wrote in message
"Anne Troy" wrote:

Ron, the only thing I can think is that when you go to format the

margins,
you've got "whole document" selected. Make sure you have only "this

section"
selected in the dropdown.

Anne, you may have answered my problem, but where in the menus would I do
this? At the moment I'm just draging the margins to where I want them in

the
'ruler' above the document.

Big Ron

That seems to have done the trick. Quite logical now I think about it, but as
the saying goes "Questions are always easy when you know the answer".

Thanks for your help Anne, and everyone else who has posted.