Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aprasad Aprasad is offline

Default why can I not protect formatting in a doc?

I want to only use certain styles in our documents, but when I set up
'protect document' then tick the formatting restrictions (or any other
options), the box 'start enforcements' is always greyed out and cannot be
selected ...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Heretic Word Heretic is offline

G'day Aprasad ,

have you assigned users?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Aprasad reckoned:

I want to only use certain styles in our documents, but when I set up
'protect document' then tick the formatting restrictions (or any other
options), the box 'start enforcements' is always greyed out and cannot be
selected ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aprasad Aprasad is offline

umm .. how do i do that?

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day Aprasad ,

have you assigned users?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Aprasad reckoned:

I want to only use certain styles in our documents, but when I set up
'protect document' then tick the formatting restrictions (or any other
options), the box 'start enforcements' is always greyed out and cannot be
selected ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?QXByYXNhZA==?=,

I want to only use certain styles in our documents, but when I set up
'protect document' then tick the formatting restrictions (or any other
options), the box 'start enforcements' is always greyed out and cannot be
selected ...

There's something in the document that's preventing protection. One
possiblity: have you set the document up for mail merge, attaching a data
soruce?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org