Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bufossil bufossil is offline

Default Links from Word to bookmarks in HTML doc

I am using Word 2003 SP2, FrontPage 2002, and Windows XP SP2.

Goal: To include hyperlinks in a Word document that go directly to bookmarks
I have created in an HTML document using FrontPage.

Problem: The results are sporadic at best. Most of the time the HTML
document opens at the top of the page, not at the bookmarks I have created.

The hyperlink address looks like this (without the [] brackets):

[full path to html document]#[bookmark name]

Like I said, clicking the link always opens the correct document, but it
opens at the top of the document, not at the bookmarks (I want to includes
links in the Word document to a half dozen different bookmarks in the HTML
document). In most cases, clicking any of the links to the bookmarks opens
the document at the top.

My concern is that I might be encountering a browser history issue. That
is, after I open the document the first time, after that my system opens the
page from the browser history on my HD, instead of opening the page again
when I want to go to the second bookmark, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tim Munyon