HVACAngel

Default Word and Dot-Matrix printers

I need to print from Word to a dot-matrix style printer? Is this possible?
I need to print "as needed" on a 3 part carbonless form. Will Word support
dot-matrix printers and if so, does it need to be a particular one?

Yes, you can print to a dot-matrix printer from Word provided there is a
Windows driver for the printer. You need to set up the printer using Add
Printer in the Windows Printers folder. When you select that printer in
Word, your selection of fonts may be limited to the resident ones unless it
is set up as a graphics printer, in which case you will have the full
selection of TrueType fonts.

"HVACAngel" wrote in message
I need to print from Word to a dot-matrix style printer? Is this

possible?
I need to print "as needed" on a 3 part carbonless form. Will Word

support
dot-matrix printers and if so, does it need to be a particular one?

lostinspace

Most Dot-Matrix printers will also accept the "generic printer driver" that
exists in Windows as well.
You will not however have available any fonts beyond one or two.