Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jennifer jennifer is offline

Default Fill In Field - Mail Merge Question

I have a form letter that I use everyday to send to customers. It is already
an established mail merge form letter and I am familiar with fill-in fields
and have set several into this document already.

The letter asks the customer to send certain items back to our office. The
item(s) that we need them to send change based on the situation but the items
would be 1 or more from a set list of say 10 items.

What I'd like the merge document to do is pop up a box that lists those 10
items and lets me (the user) select, check mark or something like that, those
particular items that I need to be included in this letter, then the items I
selected for this letter get dumped into the body of the letter in the place
that I have set for them to go when setting up the original document.

Does anyone know if this function exists? And if so, how do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If it is you the sender who needs this information, then you need a
userform - For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm

for a more in depth explanation, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm