Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
don don is offline

Default Working spreadsheet within Word

The reports I write usually contain 20 pages of written material (word) and
another 10-15 pages of spreadsheets (excel). Currently, I make PDFs and put
all the excel pages at the end of the document as an appendix. What I'd
really like to do is embed the Excel spreadsheet throughout the Word document
so that I'm not always saying "see spreadsheet in appendix for details". I
know I can paste tables, but I really would like to manipulate the
spreadsheet calculations of necessary without having to continually repaste
tables, so that's why I'm thinking "embedded" spreadsheet. Additionally, I'd
like to "grab" some of the resultant calculations from the spreadsheet and
feed it into a line of text within the Word document. I've heard that GoBe
Productive can do this, but I really would not like to switch over all of our
users...training nightmare... Can I do the above Word/Excel combo? If not,
is MS working on it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Have you tried this and not gotten the results you want? What you want to do
should work fine with Word and Excel as-is. No need for add-ins.

Try it, and if you run into problems, post back so we can help you work
around the problems. This should work.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible