Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LeAnne LeAnne is offline

Default letterhead template - different top margins for each page

I use Word 2007. I followed the instructions for setting up a letter template
with different margins for the first and second pages. I want a 3" top margin
for the first page and a 1" top margin for the second. Even though I clicked
on "different first page," when I get to the second page, it puts in a 3" top
margin instead of 1". Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any
help.

LeAnne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The Different First Page setting applies to the Headers and Footers in the
document, not to the margins. If you want to force the text on the first
page down so that it starts 3" from the top of the page, format the
paragraph (which can be empty) in the First Page Header so that it has an
appropriate amount of space after it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.