Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Laura Kay Laura Kay is offline

Default Border error message regarding pt size

I'm trying to format borders in a table and the error messge "The measurement
must be between 1 pt and 31 pt" appears.

I've changed the pt size to 1 pt but it doesn't help. It's only in this one
document. If I cut and paste to a new document the borders function works
fine. Unfortunately, it's a huge document and I can't copy the whole thing
to a new document. Anyone have experience or a solution with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It isn't complaining about the width of the border. Somehow you've gotten a
bad setting for a page border.

In the Format Borders and Shading dialog, go to the Page Border tab and
click the Options button at the lower right. Each of the four boxes in the
Margins group must be set to a number between 1 and 31 pt. (If this is set
wrong, it doesn't matter that the Page Border itself is set to None.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Laura Kay wrote:
I'm trying to format borders in a table and the error messge "The
measurement must be between 1 pt and 31 pt" appears.

I've changed the pt size to 1 pt but it doesn't help. It's only in
this one document. If I cut and paste to a new document the borders
function works fine. Unfortunately, it's a huge document and I can't
copy the whole thing to a new document. Anyone have experience or a
solution with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
David Henschel David Henschel is offline

Default Page border help

Hi Jay, I am having the same error, however the error occurs when you try to get into the 'page borders' tab, and Word won't let me enter the tab to change the settings. Any idea on how to get around this? Thanks, Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chris dP Chris dP is offline

Hi Dave, I have the same problem. Did you get a response? Thanks Chris

"David Henschel" wrote:

Hi Jay, I am having the same error, however the error occurs when you try to get into the 'page borders' tab, and Word won't let me enter the tab to change the settings. Any idea on how to get around this? Thanks, Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rutabaga Rutabaga is offline

Howdy,

My problem may be the same as others' in here. I had a light gray border
going down the entire length of my Word doc, but when I tried to get to the
Page Border tab in Borders and Shading, I was always confronted with the
message "the measurement must be between 1 pt and 31 pt". The only choice I
had was to close the Borders and Shading box without making any changes.

I was able to access the Page Border tab by choosing Format Reveal
Formatting, expanding the Section formatting, then clicking Borders.
HOWEVER...

When I selected None in the Borders and Shading window, I still got the
"measurement must be between 1 and 31" message. To resolve this, I went to
the Art pulldown list and selected the apples to apply to the whole document,
then pressed OK. This gave me a border of apples around the whole doc, but I
was then able to re-open the Borders and Shading window and choose None
without any error messages.

"David Henschel" wrote:

Hi Jay, I am having the same error, however the error occurs when you try to get into the 'page borders' tab, and Word won't let me enter the tab to change the settings. Any idea on how to get around this? Thanks, Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Larry Dees was telling us:
Larry Dees nous racontait que :

I am having the same error, however the error occurs when you try to
get into the 'page borders' tab, and Word won't let me enter the tab
to change the settings. Any idea on how to get around this?

Try running this macro, you can change the distances (in points):

Sub SetPageBorderDistance()

With Selection.Sections(1)
With .Borders
.DistanceFromTop = 15