okiedokiedoo

Default microsoft graph feature

i have set up a chart/graph in a Word document. every time i open it and
double click on the graph (which opens the datasheet), i have to wait for up
to a full one minute for "installing microsoft graph feature"!! before i
used microsoft office xp professional, it just came up automatically when i
double-clicked the chart. how do i get this thing in the computer so it
stays there and is available upon doubleclicking. i have already tried
reinstalling that component as 'run from my computer' and 'run all from my
computer' and 'install on first use'. none of thsoe made any difference.

please respond at
thx,
scott
Word Heretic

G'day okiedokiedoo ,

Start Control Panel Add / Remove Programs Microsoft Office
Change add or remove features ensure the feature is selected to
run off your machine. If you have no access, request the same from the
helpdesk.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

okiedokiedoo reckoned:

i have set up a chart/graph in a Word document. every time i open it and
double click on the graph (which opens the datasheet), i have to wait for up
to a full one minute for "installing microsoft graph feature"!! before i
used microsoft office xp professional, it just came up automatically when i
double-clicked the chart. how do i get this thing in the computer so it
stays there and is available upon doubleclicking. i have already tried
reinstalling that component as 'run from my computer' and 'run all from my
computer' and 'install on first use'. none of thsoe made any difference.

please respond at
thx,
scott

okiedokiedoo

thanks WORD HERETIC, but no such luck
in fact, that was my question: i have already done that... more than once,
tried every option ("run from computer", "run all from computer", install on
first use") none of them changed the problem. it still takes a minute or
more every time i turn on my computer and go to insert a new graph or open an
old one.
HELP?

"Word Heretic" wrote:

[...]

Word Heretic

G'day okiedokiedoo ,

All I can offer is a workaround. I save my graphs etc as a jpg / gif /
emf then insert those.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

okiedokiedoo reckoned:

"Word Heretic" wrote:

[...]

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?b2tpZWRva2llZG9v?=,

i have set up a chart/graph in a Word document. every time i open it and
double click on the graph (which opens the datasheet), i have to wait for up
to a full one minute for "installing microsoft graph feature"!! before i
used microsoft office xp professional, it just came up automatically when i
double-clicked the chart.

Which version of Word are you using, now? Is it happening only with the one
document, or with all documents?

Have you tried Help/Detect and Repair in Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)