Ray Pendergast

Default what is this feature called?

I am not sure what to call this feature, so I don't know what to read up on
in the Index. I've seen it done before. A form created in Word is looking
for data to be entered into certain fields. Those fields contain grey blocks
of circles. When you hit tab, the cursor jumps to the next block. The block
is replaced, never to come back again, with whatever you type. What function
of Word am I describing?
Greg Maxey

This should get you started:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm