Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jann

Default Indentation of Paragraphs

I cannot change the setting for indentation. It's now on
10 spaces and I want it to indent 7 spaces. I've tried
Tabs under the Paragraph command in Format, Tools and
AutoFormat, moving the ruler (which Word Help directed me
to do), but that just messed up my right margin. One
suggestion was to place the cursor in from a a paragraph
and then press the Tab key. But that just pushed my text
forward.

One more question, please: every time I indent with the
tab key, a little box appears with what looks like a
yellow lightning icon. This icon blocks the characters
under it and to remove it, I have to make some change to
another paragraph, such as backspacing, etc.

Would appreciate any help.