Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
frednme frednme is offline

Default Need table cell to repeat in a footer

In my word document table in one of the cells, I type an employee name. I
want whatever I type there to also show up in a footer in the same document.

In the footer, how do I go about referencing that tables cell. Do I static
text type "Employee Name" and then insert "field" and make up a formula
referencing that tables cell. If so, what is the formula. I have tried this
numerous times and can't figure it out. Help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The following may work for you:

You could create a special paragraph style to be used in the specific table
cell (below named €śMyRefStyle€ť). If you want the text in the specific cell to
look exactly as the remaining table text, base MyRefStyle on the style that
you use for the remaining table text.

You could then insert a StyleRef field in the footer that inserts text that
is formatted with MyRefStyle (type "Employee Name: " or whatever you wish in
the footer as static text). When inserted in a header or footer, a StyleRef
field prints the first (or last) text formatted with the specified style on
the current page (the text will be repeated on the following pages until
another text with the style in question appears). See Words online help on
€śField codes: StyleRef field€ť for more details about the field.

To create a StyleRef field, go to the place in the footer where you want the
text to appear and do the following:

1. Press Ctrl+F9 to insert a set of field braces.

2. Between the braces, type:
StyleRef €śMyRefStyle€ť

3. Press F9 to update the field (if this does not toggle field codes, press
Alt+F9).

The text in the StyleRef field will automatically be updated when you change
the corresponding text in the document.

When using fields, I recommend that you set up fields to always appear with
gray shading on the screen - this makes it easy to distinguish fields from
normal text (select Tools Options View tab Field shading Always). The
gray shading does not print.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg