Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DickUns DickUns is offline

Default change 'show levels' default in TOC dialog box

How do I change the default '3' in the 'show levels' box of the 'Table of
Contents' dialog box, in the 'general' section? Using Word 2002. Desire to
have 4 as default, so that it doesn't have to be changed each time I desire
to create or update a 'Table of Contents'.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You cannot change the defaults, unfortunately. What you can do,
however, is create a TOC with the desired options, and then save it as
an AutoText entry for easy insertion in future documents.
Alternatively, you can create a template where a TOC has already been
inserted.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP