Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ward Ward is offline

Default Table on the first line of second page

Hi,

I'am trying to place an inline table on the first line of the second page.
But there is a paragraph mark on the first line which i cant delete. The
first page is ends with a shift enter.
If i delete the paragraph before the table, the table is moved to the first
page, which i don't want.
The only options that i can find is to make the paragraph mark hidden or
change the size it to 1pt.
But that is a little too complicated to tell my customer.
Is there an other way, maybe in vba to solve this alining problem?

Thanks
Ward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ward Ward is offline

Thanks garfield-n-odie, you are right that works. My client has not much data
on page one and therefor they end page one with Shift+Enter

End the first page with Enter instead of Shift+Enter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I suspect they may actually be using Ctrl+Enter (a manual page break), which
would generate an empty paragraph. If they instead format the first row of
the table as "Page break before," they'll achieve the same result without
the empty paragraph. Alternatively, they can apply "Keep with next" to
enough of the table rows to move it to the next page. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

End the first page with Enter instead of Shift+Enter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ward Ward is offline

Thats is the answer, you are right on the spot as always.

Thanks,

Ward Visser