Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Harry B Harry B is offline

Default How do I protect a single cell in a table

I have small problem. I have created a form that has 2 sections that require
review and approval by different people. The document is protected for only
filing in forms. Now here is the trickey problem, anyone can enter or remove
names in the 2 review and approval section of the form. Is there a way to
protect those 2 fields from others editing or entering information and also
is there a way to protect them individually so only the authorized person can
enter information into thier approval sections?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Harry,

You might consider the following.

Add a bookmark for "Review" and "Approval"

Create a macro for Review and Approval. Example:

Sub Approval()
Dim oRng As Word.Range
If Application.UserName "Mr. G. Ima Bigshot" Then
Exit Sub
Else
ActiveDocument.Unprotect
Set oRng = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Approval").Range
oRng.Text = Application.UserName
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add "Approval", oRng
ActiveDocument.Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True
End If
End Sub

Put a Macrobutton field in the form preceding the bookmark

{MacroButton Approval "Approved:"}