Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mokshadavid mokshadavid is offline

Default Repeating Table CELL info across multiple saved docs

I see in a below reply how to repeat CELL information within a single
document with tables (bookmark & cross-reference). But, is it possible to
set it up so that information entered into a Table-CELL in saved TABLE1.doc
will be automtically updated in a separately saved TABLE2.doc too?? I want
to keep the similar tables saved separately for ease of use, so being able to
repeat CELL-info accurately across multiple tables would be a real timesaver.
Any help is appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi mokshadavid,

You can do this with an INCLUDETEXT field. Simply bookmark the table and use the bookmark name in the INCLUDETEXT field. For example
you might code the field as:
{INCLUDETEXT "C:/Path/Branch/Main.doc" Tbl1}
where 'Tbl1' is the bookmark name.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"mokshadavid" wrote in message ...
| I see in a below reply how to repeat CELL information within a single
| document with tables (bookmark & cross-reference). But, is it possible to
| set it up so that information entered into a Table-CELL in saved TABLE1.doc
| will be automtically updated in a separately saved TABLE2.doc too?? I want
| to keep the similar tables saved separately for ease of use, so being able to
| repeat CELL-info accurately across multiple tables would be a real timesaver.
| Any help is appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mokshadavid mokshadavid is offline

Hi, I have tried repeatedly to do this INCLUDETEXT to include a bookmark from
a single cell, but I am getting the error message "Error! bookmark not
defined!" when I try to narrow the INCLUDETEXT field to reference a BOOKMARK.
My bookmark is defined in my other document, so I don't know what I am doing
wrong. If I just put the pathname in the INCLUDETEXT field, it will put the
whole table in the INCLUDETEXT field in the cell (that's not what I want - I
just want one single cell of TEXT repeated & updated automatically across
docs), but anytime I try to reference the BOOKMARK in another document, it is
giving me an error message. Please help! Thanks!

"macropod" wrote:

Hi mokshadavid,

You can do this with an INCLUDETEXT field. Simply bookmark the table and use the bookmark name in the INCLUDETEXT field. For example
you might code the field as:
{INCLUDETEXT "C:/Path/Branch/Main.doc" Tbl1}
where 'Tbl1' is the bookmark name.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"mokshadavid" wrote in message ...
| I see in a below reply how to repeat CELL information within a single
| document with tables (bookmark & cross-reference). But, is it possible to
| set it up so that information entered into a Table-CELL in saved TABLE1.doc
| will be automtically updated in a separately saved TABLE2.doc too?? I want
| to keep the similar tables saved separately for ease of use, so being able to
| repeat CELL-info accurately across multiple tables would be a real timesaver.
| Any help is appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mokshadavid mokshadavid is offline

After some trial & error, I was able to use the INCLUDETEXT feature correctly
for my intended purpose. Thanks for your help!

Losing textbox on table Jack Tables 13 November 21st 06 03:09 AM
Pasting Table Info from Word to Excel BK New Users 13 October 21st 06 08:05 PM
How do I move from cell to cell iin a table column in Word 2003? MOSwannabe Tables 4 January 26th 06 10:17 PM
Document Styles should be assignable to fonts in Table AutoFormat Natasha A. Tables 5 November 11th 05 05:49 PM
Repeating Table headings with "Continued" scottkinsey Tables 4 November 10th 04 06:04 PM