Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mokshadavid mokshadavid is offline

Default Automatically updating fields like INCLUDETEXT

Hi, is it possible to automatically update FIELDS like INCLUDETEXT in table,
everytime the document is opened? In my case, I am using a BOOKMARK & then
INCLUDETEXT to copy text into a cell located in a separately saved document
with a similar table. I would like to update this field automatically in
some way instead of manually. I see where the button is to update it when
printing, but I want it updated more often than that so I don't confuse the
information. Also, would you tell me the easiest way to set up my field so
that changing the INCLUDETEXT field text would change the original "BOOKMARK"
text also? Thanks, I hope this makes sense! Any help is appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi mokshadavid,

Although there's also an 'update automatic links at open' option, this doesn't work with INCLUDETEXT fields, so the short answer is
no. However, you can update the field at any time by selecting it and pressing F9. Alternatively, to automate updating on opening,
you could insert a macro into the document, coded like:

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveDocument.Fields.Update
End Sub

Cheers