Nelson Moffat

Default Formatting OCR'd Documets

Thanks a lot. Actually, the whole reason I am doing this is so it IS
searchable. I use OmniPage Pro 14 and I'm not aware of an option to
OCR as plain text, but I'll look further.

Thanks again

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:36:49 -0000, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

That's the thing about OCR, it is not intelligent enough to format the
document properly and makes a dog's breakfast of the output, by producing a
document that superficially looks like the original, but which falls apart
when you try to edit the results.

There is no easy way to reformat the document to match the original without
a lot of personal input. Best you can manage would be to remove all
formatting (or OCR as plain text) and then run Autoformat. It still won't
look like the original, but it should give you a good start point.

Unless you actually need the text to be editable (or searchable) it might be
simpler just to scan the documents as graphics.