Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chiquita chiquita is offline

Default Automatic date

Hi, please tell me how to set up the automatic date so that every time I use
this document it will use the currect date (March 14, 2008). I do use this
letter to also merge with my data. I am pretty frustrated and need help in
simple layman terms.
Thank you very much.

Chiquita
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

On 14 Mar, 14:42, chiquita wrote:
Hi, please tell me how to set up the automatic date so that every time I use
this document it will use the currect date (March 14, 2008). I do use this
letter to also merge with my data. I am pretty frustrated and need help in
simple layman terms.
Thank you very much.

Chiquita

Put your cursor where you want the date and use Insert...Field...Date
- pick the format you want, click OK.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chiquita chiquita is offline

Thanks. Do I then save it? Will the date be automatic from then on when I
reopen my main letter? Appreciate your help.

"DerbyDad03" wrote:

On 14 Mar, 14:42, chiquita wrote:
Hi, please tell me how to set up the automatic date so that every time I use
this document it will use the currect date (March 14, 2008). I do use this
letter to also merge with my data. I am pretty frustrated and need help in
simple layman terms.
Thank you very much.

Chiquita

Put your cursor where you want the date and use Insert...Field...Date
- pick the format you want, click OK.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

For creating individual letters - insert a CREATEDATE filed where the date
is to appear and save the document as a template. New documents created from
the template will always show the date they were created.

For your letter when used as a merge document, insert a DATE field. This
will always show the system date of the PC.