Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debs Debs is offline

Default Track Changes (XP) - Colour Change

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. A user wanted to track some changes with
one colour with their details displaying and other changes in another colour.
I suggested she change the User Details for word to do this but when she has
emailed the document out the other party has said the all the User details
have disappeared and it just says Unknown and the Date when you hover over
the changes and they have all turned to grey - any ideas?

Cheers

Debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debs Debs is offline

Hi Suzanne

No they dont unfortunately. I have been taking a closer look and we use a
product called Workshare Protect which strips metadata from files as they get
emailed out. I think this is stripping the info out but dont know what
option is effecting the documents. if we send the files out outside of
Protect it works!

Cheers

Debbie

"Debs" wrote in message
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. A user wanted to track some changes with
one colour with their details displaying and other changes in another
colour.
I suggested she change the User Details for word to do this but when she
has
emailed the document out the other party has said the all the User details
have disappeared and it just says Unknown and the Date when you hover over
the changes and they have all turned to grey - any ideas?

Cheers

Debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nettie nettie is offline

I'm trying to figure out a similar issue - I make changes to a word document
using track changes, specifically using only red for all changes, deletions,
etc. HOwever, when the email recipient of the document opens it, the tracked
changes are in all different colors - red, blue, brown, pink, etc.