Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gfw gfw is offline

Default editing converted pdf to word doc for text editing

I converted a pdf to a word doc. I want to make changes to some of the text.
When I open it up, it appears in a text box. How can I make changes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You need software that can be used to edit .pdf files, such as Acrobat (not
the free Reader).

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"gfw" wrote in message
I converted a pdf to a word doc. I want to make changes to some of the
text.
When I open it up, it appears in a text box. How can I make changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you use Acrobat to save as DOC the text is saved in a variety of frames
to retain the layout of what was a graphical format. You can remove the
frames, but the format will go to pieces. PDF files are not meant to be
edited. That's the whole point of them. You may be able to get a more easily
edited document if you use OCR software such as Finereader, or a third party
PDF conversion utility, but even then you will have some work on your hands.

gfw wrote:
I converted a pdf to a word doc. I want to make changes to some of
the text. When I open it up, it appears in a text box. How can I make
changes?

Text editing in Word 2002 Matt Microsoft Word Help 1 January 3rd 07 07:37 PM
Editing text in a Word document MarieJ Microsoft Word Help 1 November 28th 06 01:35 AM
MS Word text editing Sepit New Users 7 August 27th 06 03:54 PM
Editing text in Word SteveH Microsoft Word Help 2 November 10th 05 09:43 AM
Editing Adobe Text in Word Glastonbury Microsoft Word Help 1 November 3rd 05 06:32 PM