Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Default Print/Create pdf from word 2007 - acrobat reader magnification iss

I have a word document that has several tables in it. When I convert to pdf,
the pdf prints perfectly with all lines intact, however, when you view the
pdf at 100%, it is missing lines and looks bad. Interestingly, when you
increase the magnification, it becomes more accurate and at a high zoom, it
appears normal. This appears to be a compatability issue with the table line
and size? Any suggestions for creating a pdf version that looks the same at
100%. I tried copying the table and inserting as an image, and then creating
a pdf, but the same thing happens.... help...... I need to communicate these
tables as pdf for clients.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Default Print/Create pdf from word 2007 - acrobat reader magnification

I thank you for that "informative and helpful" reply. Unfortunately, none
of the twenty monitors at my office or two large expensive ones at home
display it correctly in acrobat reader at 100%. I guess you can increase the
zoom, but if your sending these files to clients you don't want them looking
choppy. Perhaps a good monitor overcomes this issue (it makes sense), but for
the rest of us....

I have, found a solution which works for those who don't wish to simply "buy
a better monitor". However, I can't get it working in windows, only Mac. I
tried six or seven pdf creators in Windows, but they all display improperly
at low magnification. The data is there, but just needs high resolution and
zoom. Nobody, however, wants to view pdf's at 700%. There are numerous
posts about this problem over the web. Essentially, Acrobat can't display
the fine line detail at normal resolution.

To achieve a nice pdf with all the lines visible at 100%, do this...

1. Create pdf from word document (it prints well, but looks awful at low mag)
2. Open pdf in Mac "Preview" - pdf displays perfectly in preview or quick
look.
3. Save "preview" image as "jpeg" file.
4. Open, JPEG file, and save as pdf

END RESULT....... perfect pdf at low resolution viewing. I keep the original
word created pdf for printing, but could probably use this one as it prints
fine....

A little long and drawn out, but a good result.