Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shawn shawn is offline

Default Labels cut off left side of border..

When making labels in Word 2007, for example I'm choosing Avery 5163 labels
and hitting New Document. These are 2" x 4" labels, 10 per page.

I wanted to add a border into each cell, a box around the cell (border on
all 4 sides), but the left column's left side border gets cutoff. This is
not a printer problem because border shows fine on the screen, but not in
print preview or when printed out.

Any ideas how to fix this? I just tried Avery 5160 which is 1" x 2 5/8" and
they work fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The fact that the border does not show in print preview points to the
printer driver. Most printers cannot print to the edge of the page.

shawn wrote:
When making labels in Word 2007, for example I'm choosing Avery 5163
labels and hitting New Document. These are 2" x 4" labels, 10 per
page.
I wanted to add a border into each cell, a box around the cell
(border on all 4 sides), but the left column's left side border gets
cutoff. This is not a printer problem because border shows fine on
the screen, but not in print preview or when printed out.

Any ideas how to fix this? I just tried Avery 5160 which is 1" x 2
5/8" and they work fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joann joann is offline

The labels form is really just a table. You can drag the left border to the
right a little until it shows when printed. You can also adjust the
right-hand border of that left column a little to the right if you want your
labels to be 2" x 4".

"shawn" wrote:

When making labels in Word 2007, for example I'm choosing Avery 5163 labels
and hitting New Document. These are 2" x 4" labels, 10 per page.

I wanted to add a border into each cell, a box around the cell (border on
all 4 sides), but the left column's left side border gets cutoff. This is
not a printer problem because border shows fine on the screen, but not in
print preview or when printed out.

Any ideas how to fix this? I just tried Avery 5160 which is 1" x 2 5/8" and
they work fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shawn shawn is offline

Thanks for the help. Dragging the border worked. I loose a little real
estate, but it's not much.