Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darcy Darcy is offline

Default can a hyperlink be in a header and still work?

How can I insert a workable hyperlink in a Header? I can paste the link into
the Header but once I close the Header the hyperlink does not work.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

darcy wrote:
How can I insert a workable hyperlink in a Header? I can paste the
link into the Header but once I close the Header the hyperlink does
not work.

It still "sort of" works, but first you have to open the header area (most
easily by double-clicking in that area) to be able to click on the
hyperlink. That's too much trouble, so almost no one bothers.

What does your hyperlink point to, and why does it need to be in a header?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darcy Darcy is offline

Thanks Jay....the hyperlink points back to the table of contents. It doesn't
need to be a header but I am trying to insert the hyperlink to the top of
each page in an existing Word document.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

darcy wrote:
How can I insert a workable hyperlink in a Header? I can paste the
link into the Header but once I close the Header the hyperlink does
not work.

It still "sort of" works, but first you have to open the header area (most
easily by double-clicking in that area) to be able to click on the
hyperlink. That's too much trouble, so almost no one bothers.

What does your hyperlink point to, and why does it need to be in a header?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I thought that might be it. There's a built-in command that goes to the
table of contents, and you can assign it to a toolbar button. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToToolbar.htm for
the procedure. The command you want is in the All Commands category of the
Customize dialog, with the command name GoToTableOfContents.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

darcy wrote:
How can I insert a workable hyperlink in a Header? I can paste the
link into the Header but once I close the Header the hyperlink does
not work.

It still "sort of" works, but first you have to open the header area
(most easily by double-clicking in that area) to be able to click on
the hyperlink. That's too much trouble, so almost no one bothers.

What does your hyperlink point to, and why does it need to be in a
header?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman