Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
iantresman iantresman is offline

Default Word 2007 index dialog, editing existing format?

The Word 2007 edit dialog has a list of predefined formats: classic, fancy,
modern, bulleted, formal and simple.

Some of these are great, but I want to modify the style. How? For example,
Classic insists on using the Calibri font as the Body style. How I can change
this on new documents? Or make a copy of "Classic"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
iantresman iantresman is offline

The Word 2007 edit dialog has a list of predefined formats: classic, fancy,
modern, bulleted, formal and simple.

Some of these are great, but I want to modify the style. How? For example,
Classic insists on using the Calibri font as the Body style. How I can change
this on new documents? Or make a copy of "Classic"?

It seems that you can not edit these style, until after they have been used.
For example, of using the Classic index format, several news styles are
created such as index, index1, index2 etc. These can then be modified.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The styles Index 1, Index 2, etc., are built-in styles. By default, they use
the default font and Normal style aside from any indents that may be added
if you choose an indented index. Choosing one of the "fancy" index options
results in modifying these styles, but they cannot be user-modified.

http://word.mvps.org