Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dele09 dele09 is offline

Default How do I create a unique password for each email merge recipient?

I'm trying to send an email merge and would like to password protect each
word document that is attached to the email, I want to use a unique password
for each recipient using a merge field. I don't know if this is
possible...yet.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You would have to create the documents separately from the mail merge then
attach them using the method suggested by fellow MVP Doug Robbins at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm or by using
MAPILab's Mailmerge toolkit add-in for Outlook
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/
Password protecting them from a merge field presents more problems, but you
could use a modified version of the method 'Naming the file from the data
source' at http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm as a means of
getting the field containing the password temporarily into the document in
order to extract it for use as a password when saving the document. If you
need any help with that let me know.