Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Distressed Distressed is offline

Default Can not open Microsoft Word 2007 files on computer

Okay, so I have a Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop with Vista Home Premium 64-bit
and I have McAfee Security Center. I installed Microsoft Office 2007 on it
and it worked well for a little bit. After a while a pop-up message would
come up after I tried to open a word file saying something to the effect of
"can not find file" or something like that. I would x out of that dialog box
and double-click on the word file again, and usually on the second go it
would pop up. After this happened for a while, I just got used to always
opening Microsoft Word first and then double-clicking on a file to ensure
that it would pop up.

Now Word wont allow any word file to open regardless if I I have Microsoft
Word up and running first or not. I can't even manually open a file from the
file button (or whatever they are calling that big circular button with most
of the old "File" commands in it) or Ctrl+O, every time I do the program just
freezes and doesn't respond. As of now, the only word files that I can open
are the ones that are in the recent documents list when you click on the
file button and put the cursor over Open. Any ideas on solutions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You appear to have two problems here. The first may be addressed with
http://www.gmayor.com/Document_Not_Found.htm
The second with http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.