Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karina Ellis Karina Ellis is offline

Default Template locked

We have a customised normal template on a network which is accessed by a
number of users. Only I can modify the template. We have recently upgraded
to Word 2007. The template is working well save that at the moment we are
unable to delete or rename the template as it is saying that the document is
locked by another user. All users were logged out at the time. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The normal template is NOT intended to be shared. You should put whatever
cutomizations you require into either an add-in (a template that is stored
in each users Word Startup Folder or into a template that you distribute to
all of your users.

See the article "Distributing macros to other users€¯ at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...buteMacros.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.