Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris Chris is offline

Default How do I create a partial table of contents

Using XP

What is meant by selecting portion of the document (is this highlighting
the text)
How to asign the bookmark
Where do you insert the \b followed by the bookmark name in the TOC field
{TOC \b Chapter}
a screen capture of the process would be of help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

No screen captures here--text only is permitted.

"Select" is the correct term; "highlight" means to apply color highlighting
using the highlight tool. But if "highlight" means "select" to you, then
yes, that's what you do.

You insert the bookmark using Insert | Bookmark. The bookmark must be
alphanumeric (underlines are allowed) and all one word; you can't use "Part
One," for example, but you can use "PartOne" or "Part_One".

You insert the \b switch by typing it into the field code, which you have
revealed by pressing Alt+F9. If you have been reading
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm, you will find this
information in the initial section, "Peeking behind the curtain."

These steps are described in more detail at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/T...htm#PartialTOC

http://word.mvps.org