Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NeedAnswerForBoss NeedAnswerForBoss is offline

Default Table of Figures Adding Figures Not in the Document

I have to phantom figures that my table is referencing. When I ctrl + click
on them the links take me to random places in the document that have no
apparent connection, and I can't see anything even if I look in paragraph
mode. Ive tried deleting content surrounding the "link" and updating the
table, but it just creates a new link and takes me somewhere else in the
document. I've tried deleting the table and re-adding it, but that doesn't
work either.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Does this document have tracked changes that have not been accepted yet? It
might be that these crossreferences are taking you to the spot where your
phantom figures used to be.

Open your Change Tracking Options (on the Review ribbon in 2007, and under
Tools - Options - Track Changes in 97-2003) and set Deletions to
Strikethrough. This should show anything that has been deleted. Then try your
Ctrl-Click and see if it takes you to something that has been deleted. If
your phantom figures show up, you can either accept the deletion or rebuild
your crossreferences to take you to the right spot in your document.

I hope this helps.

Jerry

"NeedAnswerForBoss" wrote:

I have to phantom figures that my table is referencing. When I ctrl + click
on them the links take me to random places in the document that have no
apparent connection, and I can't see anything even if I look in paragraph
mode. Ive tried deleting content surrounding the "link" and updating the
table, but it just creates a new link and takes me somewhere else in the
document. I've tried deleting the table and re-adding it, but that doesn't
work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"NeedAnswerForBoss" wrote:

I have to phantom figures that my table is referencing. When I ctrl + click
on them the links take me to random places in the document that have no
apparent connection, and I can't see anything even if I look in paragraph
mode. Ive tried deleting content surrounding the "link" and updating the
table, but it just creates a new link and takes me somewhere else in the
document. I've tried deleting the table and re-adding it, but that doesn't
work either.

Adding a column of figures in Word 2007 TechTalk Microsoft Word Help 2 August 25th 09 04:09 PM
Table of Figures/Tables - Approx. 200 of each in large document LisaW Tables 2 May 9th 07 01:44 PM
Table of Figures Karl Tables 4 April 2nd 07 10:36 AM
Table of figures out of sync with document mscertified Microsoft Word Help 3 January 25th 06 11:36 PM
table of figures doesn't show all my figures christina Microsoft Word Help 1 December 2nd 05 09:24 AM