Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lusanda Lusanda is offline

Default Unlocking Word

Hi. Please help.

I've just activated microsoft office 2007 in my laptop but when I open word
to type some document it says "Modification is not allowed because word is
locked". How do I unlock it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming that you are not using an expired trial version, try the following:
Exit Word. Locate and rename the normal.dotm file. Restart Word.

To find normal.dotm you can use Windows search (Windows key + F); be sure to
search hidden files and folders.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP