Lae

Default create a macro to update (save) document

I would like to create a macro that will update (save) a document and have
the hidden text shut off for viewing after the file is ftp'd.
Beth Melton

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. You can create a macro
to save a document but that wouldn't be any different than using the
built-in Save command.

And I'm not sure why you want to turn off the view of hidden text on
your computer prior to uploading it. It'll only be on your computer
and if I view your document, since I keep hidden text turned, I'll
still see it. IOW, the view of Hidden text is an application option
and it is not specific to the document.

I think the macro you want to create would save the document AND turn
off the view of Hidden text? If that's the case then I don't recommend
it due to the reason I previously provided.

Perhaps if you can expand on why you are trying to hide text from view
we can provide some additional information. However, to potentially
save you some time, there really is no such thing as 'hidden' data in
a document. If it's there it can be found no matter what do to try to
hide it.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word