Su

Default how do I change colour of track changes for same author?

I want to be able to track changes in a document and then save and reopen it
and make more changes but in a different colour.
Beth Melton

Go to Tools/Options/User Information and change the User Name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Su" wrote in message
I want to be able to track changes in a document and then save and
reopen it
and make more changes but in a different colour.

You'll need to (temporarily) change your User Name on the User Information
tab of Tools | Options (and make sure you have the colors set to "By Author"
on the Track Changes tab).

"Su" wrote in message
I want to be able to track changes in a document and then save and reopen

it
and make more changes but in a different colour.

occidental tourist occidental tourist is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Melton View Post
Go to Tools/Options/User Information and change the User Name.
I'm running word 2011 on a mac and there is no Options choice under the Tools menu item. It seems like it would be so easy for them to allow you to choose a color and then choose apply to all changes, apply to new changes. so then that allows you to choose the color and whether to distinguish new and old changes. far too logical and simply for microsoft which wants to do everything for you and allow you limited control over how it works.