Chetola

Default Changes I make to the options never stay. Any Fix?

Office Professional continually resets to default and my options and task
pane documents disappear.
CyberTaz

Hello--

When you go into ToolsOptions and change any settings, make sure to click
OK at the bottom of the Options dialog box. Even though the control tip that
appears when you hover on the X in the upper right corner says 'Close' it
really means *Cancel*.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, post back with clearer detail about
what the problem is (for example, what do you mean by 'task pane
documents'?). Include: which version of Office Professional (2000, 2002,
2003?), which specific program(s), and what verson of Windows.

Regards |:)

"Chetola" wrote:

Office Professional continually resets to default and my options and task
pane documents disappear.

Graham Mayor

Do you have Acrobat 7 (not the reader) installed? If so see the last part of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

Chetola wrote:
Office Professional continually resets to default and my options and
task pane documents disappear.

Chetola

Thanks for your response. I have clicked the ok button before closing out.
What I mean by Task Pane Documents is documents that I have opened and are
listed under file and task pane. I am running Office Professional XP 2002.

"Chetola" wrote:

Office Professional continually resets to default and my options and task
pane documents disappear.

CyberTaz

Are you having any other irregularities? Not just Word, but any other aspect
of your computer's operation?

Its starting to sound like the Windows Registry is not getting updated, but
I'm not sure if those settings are retained there or elsewhere by Word. Try
here;

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284896

and see if it will help.

Regards |:)