fman

Default typed in quotation marks are emailed as small boxes

I am new to Windows XP and I have a new Dell computer. Everything is fine
except that when I place quotation marks around a word or phrase, they get
transposed as "small boxes" when I send the word document. (when I would pick
this message up...as is there would be a small box before and after the
words: small box) WHY?