Bill

Default Can't copy/past to Word!

I can't copy something, start up word, then paste it.

I need to start word, THEN go back to what I wanted to copy, and then paste
will work OK.

I can copy something, open up notepad, then paste it.

If I copy something, open up word, then open notepad, I can't paste!

Word is clearing out what I have copied when it opens!

(I do not have "works installed")

XP Pro 2002 SP2

Word 2003 SP2

Office Pro 2003

If you have Word as part of Works Suite but are running it freestanding (not
starting it from the Works Task Launcher), this problem is caused by the
Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Word, which clears the Clipboard when you
start Word. To avoid this problem (and many others), uninstall the add-in
using Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel.

"Bill" wrote in message
I can't copy something, start up word, then paste it.

I need to start word, THEN go back to what I wanted to copy, and then

paste
will work OK.

I can copy something, open up notepad, then paste it.

If I copy something, open up word, then open notepad, I can't paste!

Word is clearing out what I have copied when it opens!

(I do not have "works installed")

XP Pro 2002 SP2

Word 2003 SP2

Office Pro 2003

Sharon F

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:58:01 -0700, Bill wrote:

I can't copy something, start up word, then paste it.

I need to start word, THEN go back to what I wanted to copy, and then paste
will work OK.

I can copy something, open up notepad, then paste it.

If I copy something, open up word, then open notepad, I can't paste!

Word is clearing out what I have copied when it opens!

(I do not have "works installed")

XP Pro 2002 SP2

Word 2003 SP2

Office Pro 2003

What you are describing is something any Word user has seen at one time or
another. When you open Word it clears the Windows clipboard and starts the
Office clipboard. You've already found the workaround, open Word first
before copying anything to the clipboard.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Wesley Vogel

If Word came installed as part of Works Suite then the Microsoft Works
Suite Add-in for Word (COM Add-in) is known to clear the contents of the
Windows Clipboard when Word starts.

Start Word first, then copy and paste.

Or follow the procedures here to remove the Works Suite add-in

WD The Windows Clipboard Content is Modified When Word Starts

This applies to Word 97, Word 2000, Word 2002 and Word 2003.

I did this about a year ago and it works swell. :-) Avoids a lot of
frustration.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In ,
Bill hunted and pecked:
I can't copy something, start up word, then paste it.

I need to start word, THEN go back to what I wanted to copy, and then
paste will work OK.

I can copy something, open up notepad, then paste it.

If I copy something, open up word, then open notepad, I can't paste!

Word is clearing out what I have copied when it opens!

(I do not have "works installed")

XP Pro 2002 SP2

Word 2003 SP2

Office Pro 2003

Bill

Thanks. I found the file Crsdk32.wll in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP

I moved this file to a new folder I made called
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP_OLD

I can now copy something, start up word, and paste!

I looked for what this file is for and I found something which says Collins
dictionary? I installed a dictionary, but not Collins???

"Wesley Vogel" wrote in message
[...]

Uncle Joe

Have you run a spyware analysis of your system lately? I searched
"collins dictionary" in Google, and got a link. When I clicked on the
link, Spyware Doctor stopped me before the link completed with a
warning that the intended site contained possible spyware. Since you
did not install Collins Dictionary, it is possible that it was loaded
by
as spyware from another link you visited. It's likely that the Office
Dictionary is all you'll need anyway. Good luck.

"Bill" wrote in message
[...]

Wesley Vogel

Bill,

With a little Google searching...

Crsdk32.wll is something that the Collins Dictionnary needs in order for it
to work with MS Word. Crsdk32.wll may also have something to do with
Stedman's dictionary and/or Stedman's Medical Dictionary.

Collins Dictionnary seems to be from some French-Canadian company.
http://www.documens.com/english/assist_dictcollins.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes